This event takes place in the Large Collab Space.
Join us at our Silicon Beach Fest - Downtown edition, one-day with keynotes, panels, and a startup showcase at CTRL Collective's Downtown LA location.
10a - 6p Registration Opens at CTRL Collective Downtown LA, first floor.
11a-11:15p Introductions and Opening Remarks
- Kevin Winston, Digital LA, Founder and CEO, Silicon Beach Fest founder
11:15a - 12p Welcome to Downtown LA
Leaders in downtown LA tech will provide an overview of the tech scene:
Startups, coworking spaces, LA City, USC, community organizations, etc.
- Jeanne Holm, City of LA, Deputy Chief Information Officer, and
Senior Technology Advisor to LA Mayor Eric Garcetti
- Karen North, USC Annenberg, Director of Online Communities Program
- Taleia Mueller, CTRL Collective, COO. Opened second downtown location
- Elvina Beck, PodShare, Founder CEO. Opened second downtown location
- Rachel Horning, Startups in the Sky, Co-Founder
12p-12:45p Keynote: Dirk Ahlborn, Hyperloop Transportation Technologies
Dirk discusses Hyperloop, which Elon Musk calls the fifth form of transportation
12- 12:45p LUNCH is provided by Clean Living Club which creates custom healthy
pre-packaged lunches for small to medium sized companies delivered daily
1- 1:30p AR Panel: Augmented Reality Applications and What's Next
- Jason Yim, Trigger, President. AR for LEGO, Star Wars, Nike, Hunger Games
Just won LA Auto Show AutoMobility Design Challenge for AR w LEGO Honda
- Drew Minock, Daqri, Outreach Manager. Sponsored White House SXSLawn
- Ben Conway, Vntana, Co-Founder, COO. HOLLAgrams for Marvel, Universal
- Philippe Lewicki, AfterNow, Founder. Creates AR, VR, mixed reality experiences
1:30-2:15p VR Panel: Influencers, Brands and Beyond
- John Canning, NBC Entertainment Digital, VP Interactive Experience;
Producers Guild of America, Chairman of New Media Council
- Christina Heller, VR Playhouse, CEO. VR for Jack in the Box, Red Bull, Pepsi
- Andy Cochrane, Mirada Studios, Director. VR for USA Today, Mr. Robot, GE
- Angela Haddad, SilVR Thread. VR stunts for Lionsgate "The Nerve" film
- Dan Levitt, Exec Prod of MatPat Game Lab. Won first Streamys VR 360 award
- Taryn Southern, host/personality; Tribe of Good, Founder;
partner with Samsung's Solve for Tomorrow VR initiative
2:15-3p CTOs of Silicon Beach
- Moderator: Erick Herring, VYNYL, CTO
- Jen Robinson, Awesomeness TV, CTO. Original Gen Z digital content
- David Arthurs, Laurel & Wolf, VP Engineering. Iinterior design marketplace
- Dave Gullo, VideoAmp, Technical Co-Founder and CTO
- Francesco Fabbrocino, FastPay, CTO. Finance reimagined for digital industries.
- David Subar, Meta, Interim CTO. Interaction and social sharing of holograms
3p-3:45p Live Panel: Livestreaming is growing with platforms, advertisers, and influencers
jumping onboard. Livestream video reports three times more engagement than
recorded video. This panel discusses live video trends, how it differs from
video, and opportunties for publishers, brands, influencers, and more.
- Shini Wark, Twitch, Senior Director, Client Strategy
- Judah Wiedre, Mashable, VP Advertising
- David Moricca, Socialive, Founder and CEO
- Lippe Oosterhof, Busker, CEO of live performance streaming
- Moderator: Ryan A. Bell, Summit Live, Founder
4p-4:15p Techstars LA, Heath, and Music w Executive Director Cody Simms
Techstars now has three accelerators in LA. Here's why they are #LongLA
4:15-5p VCs, Accelerators and Investors Panel
- Cody Simms, Techstars, Executive Director
- Justin Wolske, Grid110, Founding Member of fashion tech accelerator
- Scott Dudelson, Dodgers Accelerator with R/GA, Managing Director
- Noramay Cadena, Make in LA hardware accelerator, Co-Founder, Partner
5-6p Startup Showcase
5 startups will pitch before judges, who'll select a winner.
Startups: To apply: email firstname.lastname@example.org with SHOWCASE as subj
and a link to your AngelList or LinkedIn
- Gray Bright, Host of the Tomorrow Show, the late night comedy talk show for tech
- CTRL Collective will provide 3 months open desk membership to winner
- Digital LA provides 2 comp general admission passes for Silicon Beach Fest 2017
6-9p Networking Cocktails at CTRL Collective Playa Vista
8-10p VIP Cocktails TBD
9- 11p After Party at the Association
LUNCH is provided by Clean Living Club which creates custom healthy pre-packaged lunches for small to medium sized compnaies that are delivered daily. @CleanLivingClub.
Visit the demo tables at breaks during the fest. Demo tables are $500 and include a 6' table and access to power. Register above.
SNACKS: If u would like to provide some healthy snacks, beverages, water, email email@example.com with DOWNTOWN as subject
SBF DISCOUNTS. If you would like to offer a discount email firstname.lastname@example.org with DISCOUNT as subject
PARKING is not validated or comped.
VOLUNTEERS. Friendly volunteers needed to help with check-in, etc. Email email@example.com with VOLUNTEER as subject and we will send instructions. Volunteer for 4 hours to attend the rest of the event for free.
SPONSORS: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with SPONSOR as the subject to sponsor at $500, $1K, $2K, $5K, $10K.
NO Refunds Substitutions or Exchanges.
Have questions about Silicon Beach Fest - Downtown LA (Nov 2016)? Digitalla.net